What I learned from New York City, The FIX
and Jasmine Star.
- There are many fantastic photographers right here in my area who want to join forces together to help us succeed individually.
- But in the same breath, I am the only one who can ultimately get me to where I want to be.
- I do things in my business that I hate doing.
- I'm still excited about photography- I believe in photography- I won't give up on photography.
- I do things in my business that don't reflect my brand.
- NYC is magic.
- I still have LOTS to learn- and I desperately seek to learn these things.
- I want to blog more. And if people read my words, fantastic, but if not that's ok too. I just need to write.
- I'm still a very shy person in large groups.
- I'm good at making changes when needed to further my success.
- Showit is so amazing I was able to launch my brandy-new mobile website right from my NYC hotel room- cutting edge right there! Check it out on your iPad or your phone!! www.ahedgesphotography.com ...NOW...I'll wait :-)
- I want to be a successful photographer, permanently.
- Support from friends, family and other loved ones is important and nice, but it's nothing you can force. And without it, you'll still be OK.
- NYC and I mix like oil and vinegar- not so well on our own, but with the right amount of help we're a beautiful combination. (I wouldn't have found my way out of a paper bag without my husbands help. He got us from point A to point B, found places to eat and sights to see. He's good like that--my hero.)
I did something this past weekend that many people don't get to do. I met one of the people who has a significant influence on me, my business, and my brand. I met her, I hugged her, I listened to her speak...in person. I sat there with a smile on my face and a pen in my hand. I devoured every word she spoke. I soaked up the energy, the message and the inspiration. And I left with a fire in me to go and DO.
Out. of. my. mind.
Scared of failure, of struggle, of sacrifice.
But my desire is stronger. My drive is stronger. My discipline and passion will push me to overcome.
(PS The lovely lady in the photo with Jasmine and me...that's Heather- you're going to see a LOT of her coming up, I just know it! She's gonna be huge :-) Check her out... HERE )